Get your spook on for this exciting contest and let your imagination run wild! We are looking for creepy, scary tales—throw in some spooky details, twists and turns that will keep readers guessing, and an ending that will keep us all up at night!
Create a FrightVision short story for the Carve-Con Writing Contest and have a chance for a published author to read your story aloud on a video for everyone to see!
***Take a look at the gallery above for which authors are participating! Click on their picture for more information about their books! Check back to see the updated list!***
Stories MUST be 1,000 words or less and written by a kid between the ages of 8 and 12.
The stories should be spooky, fun, and exciting (a few good twists would be even better)!
If you submit your story before 9/20/2020 11:59PM EST and are one of the first 100 submissions, Culliver Crantz will give you personal feedback about your story, which you can use to re-submit, as long as your story is re-submitted by 10/9/2020 7:30PM EST.
Personal feedback is one time only and one per person. You may only re-submit once.
Below are the rules of the contest. Please contact us if you have any questions.
*Just for entering the contest, you'll be entered to win a spooky, zip up pouch that will have an Amazon gift card inside (amounts vary from $5-$20). Giveaway drawing for US participants only.
Final Contest Entry Deadline: 10/9/2020 7:30PM EST
1) No purchase necessary.
2) Open to kids ages 8-12 and must be written in English. The kids MUST have a parent or legal guardian's permission.
3) By submission of this story to FrightVision series, the parent/legal guardian hereby approves of submission of this story and agrees to all the provisions herein.
4) By submitting your story, you state that this story has not been previously published, does not violate any copyright or similar laws, and is an original work of yours.
5) By submitting your story, you agree to be added to the FrightVision email list (even if you don’t subscribe on the website).
6) You acknowledge that FrightVision has the right to post your story on its blog, social media pages, read aloud on YouTube, etc. The author of the story will receive name recognition for writing the story, but no monetary compensation.
7) You allow our editor to go through and make appropriate edits to the story. Edits will be at the complete discretion of the editor.
8) If chosen, no royalties or money will be paid to the winner(s) from FrightVision.
Ready to enter? Scroll Down!