The winning story will be PUBLISHED at the end of the next
FrightVision book, THE PEEPHOLE!
Typically, at the end of each FrightVision book, there is a preview to the next book in the series. However, FrightVision is switching it up and wants YOU to create a FrightVision short that will be featured at the end of the newest FrightVision book, The Peephole (due to come out late Jan)!
A FrightVision short is a 1,000 word short, spooky story that has the feel of a FrightVision book!
Oh my! You're missing out! No entry for you! Just kidding!
You don't have to have read a FrightVision book to enter, but it couldn't hurt! Basically, we're looking for fun, spooky stories that have awesome twists and turns and leave us wanting more! That's how we'll be judging the stories!
Yes! Everyone who entered the Carve-Con Writing Contest For Kids will automatically be entered into this contest (as long you meet the other requirements for the contest)!
Absolutely! Culliver Crantz and two guest judges will help decide the winner!
The 1st place story will get featured in the newest FrightVision book, The Peephole. The story will get published at the end of the book AND a copy of The Peephole (and your choice of any other FrightVision book) signed by Culliver Crantz AND your story will be featured on our blog AND a $50 Amazon gift card (which hopefully you'll use to further your writing!)
2nd place: A signed copy of your choice of any FrightVision book AND your story will be featured on our blog AND a $10 Amazon gift card (which hopefully you'll use to further your writing!)
3rd place: A signed copy of your choice of any FrightVision book AND your story will be featured on our blog!
Below are the rules of the contest. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Contest Entry Deadline: 1/31/2021 11:59PM EST
1) No purchase necessary.
2) Open to kids in the United States ages 8-12. The kids MUST have a parent or legal guardian's permission.
3) By submission of this story to FrightVision, the parent/legal guardian hereby approves of submission of this story and agrees to all the provisions herein.
4) By submitting your story, you state that this story has not been previously published, does not violate any copyright or similar laws, and is an original work of yours.
5) By submitting your story, you agree to be added to the FrightVision email list (even if you don’t subscribe on the website).
6) Before the winners are announced, the top 3 will have separate ZOOM meetings with Culliver Crantz to verify age and eligibility.
7) You acknowledge that FrightVision owns all rights to the stories that enter, but the author of the story will receive name recognition for writing the story.
8) You allow our editor to go through and make appropriate edits to the story. Edits will be at the complete discretion of the editor.
9) If chosen, no royalties or money will be paid to the winner(s) from FrightVision other than the contest prize, which is different than royalties or earnings from sales.
PO Box 370502, West Hartford CT 06137